In 2020, around 3.54 million people in Great Britain consumed juices and smoothies in one day. These statistics show how much we are indulging ourselves in smoothies these days. And how can we not? After all, smoothies are refreshing, appealing, and always bursting from natural colors and flavors.
Smoothies are everyone’s go-to on busy Monday’s breakfast and midday hunger strikes. A few weeks ago, I came across a weight loss post on Instagram. By reading that word, my mind exploded with colorful chilled glasses full of fruits and veggies blends. After a while, I found myself making myself one.
However, do we know what smoothies do for our health? Or which smoothies perform what role? Especially for weight loss?
Diving into the world of smoothies, Seven Second Weight Loss will help you understand what a healthy smoothie is and help us depart healthy smoothies from trendy high-calorie ones.
How To Build a Smoothie?
A perfectly brewed smoothie collaborates 5 to 6 important however easy steps. Read below to find out!
- Select and prep your liquid base
- Add unsweetened 100 % whole fruits and veggies of your own choice
- Drop a protein ingredient into the blender
- Put in some nuts and seeds for adding healthy fats
- Finally, add ice and serve!
Benefits Of Smoothies
Following are some fruitful benefits of smoothies:
- It can be a meal replacement as smoothies provide a good amount of satiety
- A creative way to consume nutrient-filled fruits
- Benefit from the vegetables too
- A good source of vitamin C healthy fats, protein, and minerals
- Curb sugar craving
- Balances blood sugar levels
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreases your chances of developing chronic diseases
- Full of antioxidants that improve your skin, nail, and hair health
Can Smoothies Make You Gain Weight?
Smoothies are usually unlikely to make you gain weight. However, if you include large portions of high sugar ingredients such corn syrups, maple syrups, and white sugars in your smoothies, it can ruin the purpose. Although, small amounts of such high sugar fruits don’t hurt anyone. Make sure you’re focusing on your portion size.
Moreover, store-bought ready-to-drink smoothies are most likely to be unhealthy. Don’t get fooled by those captivating pictures on the menu card. Even the largest chains of restaurants include artificial sweeteners and flavors in their smoothies. Such types of smoothies will do more damage to you than good. It’s better to prioritize homemade smoothies as you can handpick your favorite items and can be in charge of what nutrients you’re adding.
Do Smoothies Participate In Weight Loss?
Yes, they do. However, there are limitations. Smoothies can’t cast some weight loss spell on you; they take an optimal part in your weight loss regime. Plenty of other things such as stress, hormones, sleep, low-calorie diet, and exercise collaborates when losing optimal weight.
According to research, energy-yielding fluids promote satiety and promote positive energy balance in the body.
Note: If you have any eating disorders, consult your doctor firsthand before changing your diet plan.
5 Best Weight Loss Smoothies
Whether you’re looking for weight loss smoothies or want to enjoy something refreshing, the following are some recipes given by Seven Second Weight Loss.
Tropical Pineapple Smoothie
Pineapple smoothie is one of the rarest ones but will surely give you the perfect tropical vibes in your own home. Moreover, pineapple is naturally sweet, and you won’t be needing any additional sweeteners in it.
- Step 1: Bust off your Blender and gather all ingredients in front of you. Pineapple, water/coconut water, and cashews/almonds to add a bit of creaminess to the smoothie
- Step 2: Slice pineapples in chunks
- Step 3: Blend everything until a thick, smooth texture forms
- Step 4: Pour into a glass or bowl and dive in!
Mixed Berries Smoothie
Who doesn’t love berries? Berries like strawberries, cranberries, blueberries, and raspberries perfectly pair flavors with each other and form a beautiful purplish color. They are packed with high antioxidants and are loaded with vitamin C and fiber, making them an ideal choice for weight loss.
- Step 1: Put together all the berries you want to add to the smoothie. Either fresh or frozen
- Step 2: Add them all in a blending jar and blend well until texture smoothens
- Step 3: Pour some skim milk or whole almonds for some milky texture
- Step 4: Pour into some clear glasses, top them with fresh blueberries, and serve!
Lively Green Smoothie
Green smoothies are thought to be the most nutrient-loaded as they usually contain fruits as well as veggies. In this smoothie, we’ll mix the low sugar fruits such as apples and kiwi along with green veggies like broccoli and baby spinach (a great source of Vitamin A, C, K, iron, folate, and fiber).
- Step 1: Slice everything. Add fruits to the Blender and give an excellent blend to it
- Step 2: When both fruits are well combined, add green veggies and some nuts or Greek yogurt to build consistency
- Step 3: Blend well; top them with a pinch of cinnamon and toasted apples
Thirst Quencher Watermelon Smoothie
A 2019 study demonstrates that watermelon consumption participates in reducing body weight, lowering blood pressure, and reducing appetite. Watermelon consists of 90 percent water which makes it only 30 calories per 100grams. A perfect pick for weight loss!
- Step 1: Cut down watermelon and scoop out the flesh. Moreover, don’t extract seeds; they contain optimal amounts of zinc, iron, and protein
- Step 2: Fill Blender with watermelon, frozen cherries, strawberries, a small chunk of beet, and one lime to add a bit of tartness to all sweets
- Step 3: Pour into glasses and enjoy this excellent smoothie recipe every day!
According to research, avocados effectively lower body weight and BMI by about 3% in the human body.
Avocados are everyone’s relaxing food. This nutrient fruit never disappoints anyone, from using in the salad to smoothies or eating alone as a snack! Avocados contain fiber, healthy fats, and good proteins that balance our blood sugar levels and provide us with a great dose of omega-3s. Moreover, avocado forms a nice and smooth texture as it is creamy.
- Step 1: Scoop out the avocado’s seed and put the flesh into the jar
- Step 2: Add some fellow ingredients such as pineapple and mango to make the smoothie more flavorful
- Step 4: drop some water to build smooth consistency
- Step 3: Blend! Blend! Blend! And Serve with some nut toppings
Healthy Ingredients to Add In Smoothies
- Nuts and Seeds such as almonds, cashews, chia seeds, and flaxseeds
- Protein powder
- Apple cider vinegar
- Matcha powder
- Whey powder
- Baby spinach
- Mint leaves
- All types of berries
- Coconut water
Healthy Ingredient Swaps
Smoothies work best when all ingredients are organic, fresh, non-dairy, low calorie, and fat-free. Following are some swaps that you can do to make your smoothie healthy.
- Choose plain water and coconut water in place of juices and milk. The smoothies are already bursting with flavors, so don’t worry about being less flavorful with water
- I prefer skim milk over high-fat dairy milk
- When adding almond milk, it’s better to add whole almonds instead
- Use Greek yogurt instead of high-fat yogurt. Moreover, you can swap dairy yogurt with coconut yogurt or any plant-based yogurt
Note: Avoid using high fat and high sugar ingredients that ruin the purpose of smoothies.
Understanding Nutrient Content in Each Ingredient
When signing up for a course, we always read its description and search its aspects beforehand. Similarly, being the head of your diet plan, you need to completely understand what you’re adding in your body and what it will do to you.
Knowing the nutrients and minerals in each ingredient, either fruits, veggies, nuts, butter, or dairy, will help you decide what your body needs at which time.
Think of it like, whenever you feel dehydrated, make a watermelon smoothie. It helps regain hydration levels and provides a boost of energy to your body.
Moreover, if your doctor prescribes that you’re low on vitamin C, grab some citrus fruits, berries, and green veggies and make a smoothie to overcome that deficiency.
Likewise, berries, pears, melon, nuts, and seeds are good sources of fiber.
Seven Second Weight Loss advises you to get to know your smoothie ingredients first to enjoy better health!
Click A Selfie Using a Blender
It’s simple, and if you’re lucky enough, then these healthy selfies can make you one of our winners. We give away $100 daily to one of our members. Sign up today here and get started!
The final takeaway!
Smoothies are natural sources of adding Vitamins and fiber into your diet. When choosing ingredients, pick the array of fruits and veggies that are nutritionally dense and low in calories. Try the recipes provided by Seven Second Weight Loss and tell us which one you liked the most!